Friday, March 6, 2009

Finally....

Laser decal on unglazed porcelain vessel by Elaine Bradley (Flickr link)

I've been waiting very patiently for tomorrow to arrive and now it's only one more sleep away. Tomorrow I'm spending the day doing a Print on Clay workshop at Perth Studio Potters and I'm very excited about it! And how did I come by this course? Our good friend Flickr. I'm a member of a ceramic decals group, which I joined after my experient with decals late last year where I followed this tutorial from Skinny LaMinx. You may recall that I had a few firing issues so I posted my photos in the hope of getting some feedback. Through the group I met Elaine Bradley, a very experienced ceramicist who has been a great source of information! In a freakish coincidence she lives here in Perth and is hosting tomorrow's workshop. I am excited to be getting some formal training as opposed to teaching myself which is what I resort to generally. Of all the things I tried my hand at last year, my plates were the most rewarding and I look forward to extending the range this year. Watch this space....

And have a great weekend!

2 comments:

painted fish studio said...

i can't wait to read more about how the workshop went! and to see your creations!

Elaine Bradley said...

Thanks Alex, it was a pleasure having you there, and your input and really rather a chuckle to be mentioned on someone's blog. Elaine