Monday, March 9, 2009

Home again, home again....

What a brilliant weekend. I don't yet have any photos to show you from the ceramics workshop I attended on Saturday, but I can at least tell you a bit about Perth Upmarket.
I managed to find the time to check out Perth Upmarket yesterday and wasn't disappointed. Firstly, the market is held in the beautiful town hall over 2 floors (above - photo by blacktulip). It's well laid out with a close to flawless selection of stalls. I'm not going to single out stall holders, as there was just too much to chose from! But for a list of participants, you can check out the market's retailers here.

I did come across one stall that was held by the owners of Pigeonhole - a shop in Perth I hadn't come across since returning here. Now I imagine that to participate in the market, the cool jewellery wares on the stall must've been made by the owners, but regardless, I did a bit of snooping (i.e. looked at their website and blog) and have found that the shop is a little treasure trove of goodies from around the world which I look forward to visiting one day this week. I see they have these great ceramic cups by Rob Brandt which I've admired for some time (and I'm sure you've all seen), so I'll finally be grabbing one (or 2) for myself.But what was lacking at the markets? Gifts and clothes for men! Ok, there were a couple of stalls catering for gents, but none of them had the right something special to buy for my Mr Stink. And what could he possibly have done to deserve a treat? Only surprise me with a helicopter lesson yesterday morning!! It's been a dream of mine to be a helicopter pilot for years and this was my first lesson. Alas, all it's done is whet my appetite! Anyone have a spare $70K AUD for me to get my license?....

No comments: