Friday, November 28, 2008

Pleased to meat you....

Finally, you can exhale....I am very excited to be showing off my first range of ceramics, a set of 6 plates called 'pleased to meat you....'

I am really happy with my designs, but have had a few problems getting the finish to the standard I would like. I'm putting that down to a combination of the firing and the fact that I'm new to this, so still need to improve my application technique. You can take a closer look at them at their very own flickr page or click on the image below.

The exciting news for you is that they're for sale! And due to the minor flaws, will be a bargain! I hope to have them in my etsy shop later today. In fact, I had better get a move on, because tomorrow is the final day for international shipping to everywhere except Australia.

I'd like to take this opportunity to say a few thank yous. These plates have been a long time coming. Thanks to mum and Elly for giving me feedback on my designs and helping with the shortlist. A massive thanks to Jesse for answering my many questions, and to Skinny laMinx for her brilliant tutorial. It's the work of these 2 lovely ladies that inspired me to try this in the first place. Oh, and a HUGE thank you to Leon who basically taught me photoshop via email to make this possible.From the mind of a vegetarian....
Who'd have thought....


**post note: turns out there was a problem with the kiln. I knew my technique was perfect. :P

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done, Kidd. My favourite one is Mr Bacon, but that might just be because I've only just got out of bed.

'surrounded' is also good.

Keep on having fun!

Leon / 'Snuke Sniz' said...

haha mad props!

if anyone else would like help with photoshop i charge out at $150/hour :D haha

painted fish studio said...

the plates kick ass! i looove them, and i'm a vegetarian, too. just wish i had lots-o-money to spend! :[