Yes, the plan was to post these cushions as my sunday project, but I've been so productive this weekend, that they can be a saturday project.
I started by dying the white cotton squares which make up the 3x3 grid in the centre, then stitching them onto fabric I cut from my collection of wool blankets. The back of the cushions is a delicious black denim, but I've used the 'inside' of the fabric so it's actually a soft dark grey. I'm not sure if you can see, but the stitching to attach the dyed squares goes right to the edge of the cushion. It might be clearer if you click on the photo.
I'm not sure what I'm going to do with these. Without an overlocker, the internal finish is a bit amateur so I'm not sure that the finish is good enough to pop them in my etsy shop. Then again, I am a perfectionist so I'm probably being a bit hard on them.