Friday, October 3, 2008

The friday letter....I....

That's a capital 'I', not a lower case 'l'. In case you were wondering....This is from a sign I've passed over and over again for the last few years. Would you believe that today, on the day I decide to photograph it, I find it's been repainted?! Outrageous, I tell you. Having said that, I hope you can tell that it's an 'I' masquerading as a painted vertical line. I promise it's an actual letter though!!

The thing about living in a semi rural area (Hawke's Bay is known as the 'Fruit Bowl') is that you get to see handpainted signs, which is something lacking in the cities I've lived in. They're lovely.

This week Jen has the letter 'H' to photograph, and you can see it here.

Until next post....

1 comment:

painted fish studio said...

i love handpainted signs... i must keep my eye open for a future letter! have a great weekend!