Saturday, October 25, 2008

Project chair....

I've had to put the Pania stencil for my chair on hold for now (which is frustrating!) so I've moved on to the frame of the chair. I sanded it back yesterday and this afternoon I waxed it with some delicious smelling furniture wax. It obviously wasn't a very fancy chair when it was produced as a couple of different types of wood were used. I think it's come up well though, and quite like that it's a bit of a hodge podge.

I really want to get started on cutting the Pania stencil but I need to print it first, and it's an A2 stencil so I can't do anything until Tuesday (no Sunday trading plus Monday public holiday)! I've decided to use a combination of screen printing and freezer paper stencilling, so I also have to track down some freezer paper too (not as easy as I thought). Then, with any luck, the whole thing will be sewn at upholstery class on Thursday. (I can be such an optimist).

I'm feeling very impatient. Perhaps an afternoon beer will take my mind of things....

1 comment:

painted fish studio said...

the wood is so beautiful. if you can wait a few days, i'm sending you freezer paper! hope the afternoon beer helped. :)