Friday, October 24, 2008

The friday letter....E....

I headed into town this morning (to take a photo of Pania - see below) and found the place swarming with photographers. It's a long weekend here and I think they must've been a national photography group having a holiday. So, wandering around with my own camera, I felt like a bit of a tourist myself.

Anyway, I took the opportunity to take my friday letter while I was there. This one comes from outside the Hawke's Bay museum which is currently showing an exhibition called 'Raising Boys', featuring works by 5 New Zealand ceramacists/potters. I'm only familiar with the work of one - Martin Poppelwell, and I think his stuff is great. In fact, his style has influenced the designs I've come up with for some ceramic decals (which I look forward to sharing with you in the coming weeks). Hopefully I'll get down there over the weekend to check it out.

Getting back to the friday letter.... you can check out jen's letter here!