Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I love a sunburnt country....

With a public holiday here yesterday, I was able to have a couple of days away at my mum's property in the country for some much needed downtime - no work, computers or phones. With summer only just coming to an end, the landscape was still very brown and dry, camouflaging the sheep and kangaroos. Within a month or 2 these rolling plains will be lush green - my favourite time to visit.

We made friends with a lizard while we were there. He hung out on the couch and was so tolerant of us. He even ate a mosquito I caught for him. I look forward to visiting him again.
Creatively speaking, I managed to do some drawing (not good enough to share with you!) and came up with what I think are some great ideas which I look forward to working on soon. Hooray for holidays!

1 comment:

painted fish studio said...

yay for holidays! I'm still looking for creative inspiration here...