Monday, September 15, 2008

The other post age....

As you know (if you’re a regular in these parts), my best buddy Elly and I have a postcard project going on which involves sending each other a handmade postcard every second monday. I’ve enjoyed it so much that I’ve devised another postcard project for the ‘other’ mondays. Now here’s the deal....

You remember I mentioned a local store a few posts back? The one formerly known as MIA which sells divine clothes, art and homewares which I can’t afford on my meager part time salary? Anyhoo, whenever I’m in there they give out their postcards so I had a little collection of them sitting around the house. I’m not sure what kicked it off, but I started playing around with them and have come up with some rather lovely results (if I do say so myself). I thought the shop might like a look-see, but I’m hardly going to wander on in with some craft. So here’s the thing: every ‘other’ monday I will deliver a photo of one of the postcards anonymously before they open for business. He, he. Sneaky, sneaky.

Here’s the one I delivered today:

The store has no mail slot so I just jammed it in the door. I hope it didn’t go astray before they opened. The flower stems are made from folding 2 thin strips of paper together (remember doing that as a kid? I think I do) and the flowers are cut from paper. As you can see, I stitched an envelope to deliver it in. I wonder what will become of it all. Perhaps nothing that I hear about, but I know that if I had a shop and started getting photos of my postcards, I’d enjoy the intrigue. (What am I talking about?! It’d drive me crazy!!).

Now, I know I’ve given you the name of the store, and you could email them and blow my cover, but I’m hoping you won’t go spoiling my fun (Oh good Lord, has my ‘fun’ become sending postcards anonymously?! Is that sad?! I’ve got to get out more!!)

Until next time....

Postnote! - I've deleted the shop name because it turned out my blog was turning up on google when a search of the shop was done! And we can't have that....

No comments: