Sunday, September 14, 2008

Best in show....

After getting over my snowboarding addiction (and bruising), I realised that being complimented on my Best in Show brooch was all good and fine (and flattering!), but I really needed to take the next step and make some to supply to the admirer to sell. It had been a couple of weeks (pre-snowboarding) since that aforementioned compliment so I popped down to Port o’ Call (I can’t believe there’s no website for me to direct you to!) to make sure she was still interested (and serious!). Thankfully she remembered me and was definitely keen. I spent the last couple of days whipping up a batch and delivered them today. How exciting! It was such a lovely day today that I stopped at the botanical gardens (conveniently at the end of our street) for a photoshoot. As fun as they are to photograph, none of the shots turned out particularly well. The sun was too bright (that’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it!). (But if you do want to see some more, take a look at the flickr group I’ve created).

Now, you people who make and sell stuff for a living, tell me this: does it always feel strange to handover your handmades? Or do you get over it after a while? I just can’t believe they’re gone for good! Having said that, maybe they won’t sell and I’ll get them all back! No surprises on Christmas presents then! On the other hand, if they do sell like hotcakes, I might just open a little etsy shop and then you can all have one.
Hey, we can all dream....

1 comment:

painted fish studio said...

it is hard to let go of your favorites at the beginning! but knowing that they'll go to good homes (you can only hope!) makes it better. yes to an etsy shop!!!