Friday, August 22, 2008

The friday letter....J....

Hey, y'all. Well I'm recovering slowly (thanks for asking) though I've put my back out from coughing. In the words of Charlie Brown, good grief....

Anyhoo, welcome to a new project which I guess can be called the friday project. Or maybe it should be called the friday letter. Yeah, I like that.

So here's how it works: Jen from painted fish studio and I met via Jesse's swatch swap and are now embarking on a project together. I spotted the cool photos of signs on Jen's blog and after a bit of brainstorming we came up with the idea of posting a photo each Friday of a letter from a sign.

It should be interesting to see what we come up with. We live about 13000km's apart (that's about 8000 miles to you, Jen) - painted fish studio is in St Paul, Minnesota and the sunday project is in Napier, New Zealand. According to trusty Wikipedia, the city of St Paul has a population of about 300,000, while Napier has only 57,000. This concludes your geography lesson. Oh, and we're in different seasons which may add interest.

This week I've gone with a 'J' from one of my favourite signs near home. Truth be told, I'd like to sneak over to the abandoned hospital in the dead of night with a screwdriver and steal it, but my fear or authority stops me. Due to a time difference of 17 hours (or there abouts) we probably won't be the greatest at posting at the same time. I'll be first and once Jen's goes up, I'll add a link to it. And here it is! Ooh, i love it.

We hope you enjoy seeing what we find!

Until next post....

5 comments:

painted fish studio said...

yay! this is so fun. and wow, i really want to visit you... napier looks so beautiful!

glad you're feeling a bit better, have a wonderful weekend! i'll "see" you next week!

Ayama-chan said...

Came by after Fish's post. Like what I see. Will visit for each letter each Friday. Loved Napier when I visited a few years ago. Oh the fear of getting caught is the fun part of relocating the letter. Yeap I did dumb things at Uni. :D

Anonymous said...

Hey that's great! I'm just starting a collaboration with a friend too! You should join our new flickr group:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/womencollaborate/

kristin said...

you guys rock!! what a fun project.

Alex Sunday said...

yeah, this is a fun project!

i really love your journal collaboration helen. beautiful! i need to get my postcard collaboration with elly up on flickr. oh, and i have another sneaky postcard project in the works. it's going to be interesting. stay tuned....