Thursday, August 7, 2008

I'm a bag lady!

No post last night as I was at my wine appreciation class (pfft, as if I don't appreciate wine already). But check out my new handbag!

I can't say it's an original design by me. It's a Japanese design and is made from one piece of fabric. Ok, 2 pieces if you line it. My friend Elly made some of these bags for her clothing line a few years ago and I've basically picked apart mine to get the pattern. What a lie! - my mum picked it apart and drew the pattern for me - only because the bag's with her, 5500kms away from me. It was really easy to make and I'm thinking of adapting the design slightly to make a great grocery bag. Perhaps with some screen printing also. Yup, I'm thinking of Christmas presents already.

It was really good to get back on my sewing machine for this project. I have a second hand machine that I only bought a month or so ago. It's been a few years since I last did any sewing and I'm really enjoying it. So much so that I've started a rather large project.... but more of that in the coming weeks.

Anyhoo, I hear wine being poured in the kitchen, so I'd better go and appreciate it.
Until next catch-up....

No comments: