Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Whiskers on kittens....

Right, so I may have received my boxes (finally!) but I’m yet to set my studio up because it is currently acting as a guest room.  (The poor boy is surrounded by piles of fabric and boxes of craft).  To keep you interested in the meantime, I’m going to introduce you to some of my favourite shops around town!  (Does the obscure title make any more sense now?).

Keith + Lottie is a brilliant little shop in Northbridge (Perth, W.Australia) which sells an eclectic mix of goodies. Clothing, magazines, jewellery, shoes, books, stationary.  But wait! There's more! - beyond the shop is a small gallery with regular high calibre exhibitions.  And still there's more! - beyond the gallery is The Butcher Shop, a funky little space selling clothing, art supplies and other stuff.  Still want more? - head upstairs to Whitegoods where you'll find blank products crying out to be customised - tees, canvases, skate decks, vintl toys, babushka dolls!  Want more?! - Well now you're just being greedy.  :)

The best thing about this group of businesses (apart from the fact that they seem to be at the helm of the movement to reinvigorate this part of the city) is the oh-so-gorgeous Frank, seen in the image above.  He is so super adorable and can often be found in store.  But want a piece of him to take home?  (Not literally of course, though i guess The Butcher Shop would be the place to go).  Well take a look at these tees from The Butcher Shop!

(psst! - sale alert! - up to 50% off stuff right now! I know I sound like a spruiker, but I assure you I'm in no way affiliated with Keith + Lottie.  I just have a crush....).  I'll share another store tomorrow....

1 comment:

painted fish studio said...

you're giving me a serious case of wanderlust!