Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Thank you New Zealand....Napier....

Well, with my time in NZ drawing to a close, I thought I'd share some of the beauty of the country I've called home for 3 years (on and off) with you each Wednesday.
Admittedly, today's photo doesn't show off the landscape, but it is a reflection of the Art Deco town I live in, and was taken at the Art Deco Weekend a couple of years ago. I took so many photos of hood ornaments that day, and this one stands out as the highlight. Everyone dresses up in appropriate fashion, and picnics on Marine Parade. The effort some people go to is fantastic.

Thank you Napier....

3 comments:

Sleepandhersisters said...

Hi Alex

I too am from Napier... but you are soon to be leaving?

well nice to make contact anyway, I found you on Etsy, I have a shop there too, sleepandhersisters... I found it really interesting to read your blog (nice to read about people in spring and not autumn).


Katherine

Funky Penguin said...

Hi, I wasn't able to contact you via any other means - I'm also in Napier (since 2 Jan 2008), and have been recording my adventures on my blog, http://www.kiwification.info - would you be interested in doing a guest-post swapping experiment?

- David

painted fish studio said...

if i ever get to new zealand, you have inspired me to visit napier... i am sooo very curious about seeing all the art deco!