Monday, August 3, 2009

Something to remember....

I read a lot of blogs. I love following people through their creative pursuits to get an understanding of the process. The blogs I read are generally of people who do their creative stuff for a living full time and that's where the problem starts. I work full time at a completely uncreative job (career, even) and when I read all this inspiring stuff, I forget that these people don't have to squeeze in what they do between 50 hours a week of uninspiring stuff. So this post is just a reminder to me (and maybe to you?) not to be too hard on myself when I don't accomplish as much as I would like to for the sunday project. And to perhaps be more realistic about what I can (and can't) achieve.

It's also a good time to reflect on what the sunday project means to me, and with that in mind I'm trying to address that pesky work-life-sundayproject balance which is pretty off skew these days. I've got some exciting things coming up this month which will hopefully help me change my focus a little. Fingers crossed.

2 comments:

painted fish studio said...

i struggle with the same issue. as a single girl, i have to fully support myself - there's no other income and i have to work full-time - i'd love to work less and spend more time on creative projects. but that's not a reality. finding time to create is hard, but it does remain a high priority for me... and working 40-50 hours a week allows me to buy art supplies to indulge my creative urges, and it also allows me to buy others work!

Cate Lawrence said...

Oh I can totally relate! It's too easy to forget this in blog land :)