Monday, May 21, 2012

Reduction linocut....


I've been a bit unwell so have missed the last few printmaking classes, but it's good to be back!  Thankfully I don't seem to have missed too much, and am optimistic that I can catch up with my reduction linocut.  Above is my first layer, ready to print.  I REALLY want to cut the second colour, but as the name suggests, the lino is cut (reduced) between colours so until I print, I can't do anything (and I can't print until Thursday).  Sorry if my explanation of reduction linocuts is a bit light - google it for more information!

One thing I've learnt from doing these classes, is that printmakers are completely under appreciated!  The simplest looking prints can be extremely complex to produce.  

2 comments:

tilers said...

nice art..

tilers
floor tilers

Unknown said...

London Victorian tilersyeah as above,,very good art. But I must admit I am a little clueless when it comes to art,I do appreciate ceramics though!