Saturday, June 14, 2008

Welcome to the sunday project....

Well my first mistake is that I'm writing on a Saturday, but please forgive me. I need a day to figure out how to blog!

I'm one of those people with a head full of ideas, but who struggles to know where to start. My theory is that if I start a blog where I try out one idea a week, it'll force me to do something, even if it's just a little. As you've probably already worked out, I'll post each Sunday with a report on what I did and how it went.

A little bit of background on me: I'm a mechanical engineering design drafter. I know what you're thinking - boring! And well, yes sometimes it is, but I do get a strange pleasure out of what I do. I guess that's why I still do it. Actually, maybe you're thinking - geeknerd! which is perhaps not far off the mark either. But! - there's another side to me. It likes sewing, painting, drawing, writing and all kinds of other stuff. And luck for you, it's that side of me doing the blogging. Admittedly, all these things need a lot of practice, and I figure it's time to start doing just that.

Wish me luck!
Alex....

3 comments:

janebiddy said...

alex sounds a bit like her mother who has never written the great novel or painted the great painting. dream on and do!

Alex Sunday said...

thanks mum. xo

Unknown said...

it definitely sound like u, Alex!
i hope u get the hang of it!